Recipe for Amigdalosaltsa Pikanti – Greek Spicy Almond Sauce
Comments Off on Recipe for Amigdalosaltsa Pikanti – Greek Spicy Almond Sauce
This flavorful sauce is made from ground almonds and is incredibly flavorful. It is common on the island of Crete and elsewhere in Greece where you can find plenty of almond trees. It is great as a finishing sauce for fish or chicken.
Amigdalosaltsa Pikanti Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Greek honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek olive oil
- 1/3 cup broth or stock (chicken or seafood)
Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for a few days if not using right away.
Alternatively, you can use the blender to make the sauce, but it works better in a food processor.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com