Recipe for Fasolia Salata – Greek Bean Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Fasolia Salata – Greek Bean Salad
This recipe uses white beans, that can also be found in Greece, such as gigantes. In reality, you can use anything that you have on hand.
Fasolia Salata Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cans white beans, any style
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any color – chopped
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped Greek oregano
Drain the beans into a colander and rinse with cold water. Add them to a large bowl. Toss in the red onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in another bowl and pour over the bean mixture. Add the parsley and oregano just before serving and toss lightly to distribute.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com