Recipe for Greek Bread Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Bread Salad
Greek Bread Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into pieces (or 2 pounds of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 18 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. If the bread is stale, sprinkle with a 1/4-1/2 cup water and set aside. The bread should be partially softened. This should take about 5 minutes.
Toss the tomatoes into the bowl and arrange the olives and capers over the top. Sprinkle with salt and vinegar. Add the cheese and a pinch of pepper and then drizzle with the olive oil. Top with fresh parsley and set the salad aside for about 15 minutes to let the flavors marinate. Toss the salad lightly just before serving.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com