Recipe for Patates Skorthou – Greek Style Potatoes With Garlic
Comments Off on Recipe for Patates Skorthou – Greek Style Potatoes With Garlic
These aromatic roasted potatoes are prepared throughout Greece. If you can’t find juniper berries, substitute for 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves.
Patates Skorthou Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons juniper berries, crushed coarsely
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh herbs, to garnish (parsley, rosemary oregano, thyme, etc)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the olive oil to a baking dish with the juniper berries and garlic cloves and place in the oven for five minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the potatoes. Roll the potatoes around the oil to distribute the flavors.
Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp. Remove from oven and place the potatoes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs and serve immediately.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com