Recipe for Saltsa Antsouyies – Greek Anchovy Sauce
Comments Off on Recipe for Saltsa Antsouyies – Greek Anchovy Sauce
This Greek anchovy sauce is best if made with whole anchovies that have been packed in brine. You can certainly use canned anchovies if that’s all you can find, but the flavor is much better with the brined fish. This sauce is typically served over white fish, such as snapper or cod.
Saltsa Antsouyoes Ingredients:
- 1 large shallot of small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minched
- 8 salted or brined anchovy filets, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Add the shallot or onion, garlic, anchovies, lemon zest, capers, and lemon juice to a food processor. Secure the lid on the food processor and pulse until smooth. With the food processor motor running on low, remove the lid, or part of the lid, of the food processor (depends on the design) and slowly add the olive oil until the sauce is smooth. Add the parsley and black pepper and pulse until smooth. Serve right away.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com