Recipe for Greek Style Noodles With Rustic Meat Sauce
Greek Style Noodles With Rustic Meat Sauce (Hilopittes) Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter or olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 stalk, chopped celery
- 1 small, shredded carrots
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1/2 cup (optional) red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb., cooked and drained square noodles (Hilopittes) – (choose gluten-free noodles if following a gluten-free diet)
- Kefalotiri or Romano cheese
How to Make Greek Noodles With Meat Sauce:
Heat the butter in a saucepan. Sauté onion, celery and carrot until soft. Add ground beef and cook for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
Add the tomato juice, wine, salt and pepper.
Cover and cook over a low heat for an hour. Taste for seasoning.
Pour meat sauce over hot noodles and serve with grated cheese.
This post was written by Greek Boston