Greek Vocabulary Words for Banking
Comments Off on Greek Vocabulary Words for Banking
While visiting Greece, there are certain things that you might need to do that you may not have planned. Banking is one of those things! The ideal situation would be to show up to the country with enough cash, or to use an ATM machine and not need to talk to someone inside the bank. However, you never know when you might need at least some basic vocabulary words related to banking. Here’s a look at some of the words you can learn in advance that will make your life easier while banking in Greece:
Learn Greek Vocabulary Words About the Bank
Greek banks are just like banks in the United States or anywhere else in the world. In fact, if you find that you need to visit the bank, chances are pretty good that people will speak English. However, it’s a lot more fun to try to speak Greek! Here’s a look at some of the words you should know:
- Bank – η τράπεζα – i trapeza
- Money – τα χρήματα – ta hrimata
- Euros – Ευρώ – Evro
- Paper Money – το χαρτονόμισμα – to hartonomisma
- Coins – τα νομίσματα – ta nomismata
- Currency – το νόμισμα – to nomisma
- ATM – This is the same word in Greek and English
- Bank Balance – ισορροπία τραπεζών – isoropia trapezon
- Bank Charges – τραπεζικά έξοδα – trapezia exotha
- Exchange rate. συναλλαγματική ισοτιμία – sinallagmatiki istimia.
- Traveler’s Checks – τον έλεγχο του ταξιδιώτη – ton elegkp you taxithioti
Here are some of the sentences you may need to say while banking in Greece:
- I would like to change money. Θα ήθελα να κάνω συνάλλαγμα.Tha ithela na kano sinalagma.
- The ATM is broken. Το ATM είναι σπασμένο. To ATM eenai spasmeno.
- What is the exchange rate today? Ποια είναι �� τρέχουσα συναλλαγματική ισοτιμία; pya eenai I tehousa sinallagmatiki istimia?
- The exchange rate today is .. Η τρέχουσα συναλλαγματική ισοτιμία είναι … I treehouse sinalagmatiki istimia eenai.
- I would like to exchange $100 dollars. Θέλω να αλλάξω εκατό δολάρια. Thelo na allaxo ekato tholaria.
You don’t need to memorize all of these words in advance. Instead, just read the list over a few times and remember to look these words up if you do plan to go to the bank.
The Learn Greek section on GreekBoston.com was written by Greeks to help people understand the conversational basics of the Greek language. This article is not a substitute for a professional Greek learning program, but a helpful resource for people wanting to learn simple communication in Greek.
Categorized in: Learn How to Speak Basic Greek
This post was written by GreekBoston.com