Recipe for Kastana Salata – Greek Style Chestnut Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Kastana Salata – Greek Style Chestnut Salad
Chestnuts grow abundantly all over Greece and they make their way into plenty of dishes when their in season. This salad is one of the more popular ways to prepare it.
Kastana Salata Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pound chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
Add the chestnuts to a medium bowl and stir in the Greek yogurt. Stir until the mixture is well incorporated. Toss in the onion, parsley, and sage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon into lettuce leaves and arrange onto a serving platter. Garnish the platter with a few lemon wedges.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com