5-Minute Greek Style Cheese Dip
Comments Off on 5-Minute Greek Style Cheese Dip
Appetizers, also referred to as meze, are a big part of Greek cuisine. These dishes can all be combined together to form one big meal, or they also make for easy, simple snacks. This Greek style cheese dip is an example of something you can serve.
It tastes great with wedges of bread, crackers, and even vegetable sticks. You can use any type of Greek cheese that you have on hand, especially feta, which tastes especially great with this recipe.
5-Minute Greek Style Cheese Dip Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound Greek cheese, like Feta, Manouri, or Kefalotiri
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or cream cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional add ins – choose as many as you want (10 chopped Greek olives, 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped herbs, 2 tablespoons capers)
- Greek Olive oil, to taste (optional)
How to Make 5-Minute Greek Style Cheese Dip
Crumble, grate, or chop the Greek cheese to make it easier to blend.
Add the Greek cheese, butter, yogurt or cream cheese, salt, and pepper to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve in any of the add-ins that you want, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil just before serving, if desired.
This post was written by Greek Boston