Recipe for Greek Style Chicken with Egg and Lemon Sauce
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Chicken with Egg and Lemon Sauce
The chicken in this recipe is finished with an avgolemono sauce, which is a popular sauce used in Greek cooking. This recipe is prepared throughout Greece with fresh chicken or other poultry.
Greek Style Chicken with Egg and Lemon Sauce (Kotopoulo Avgolemono) Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds), cut in pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-4 large pieces
- 1 stalk celery, 3-4 cut into large pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 6 scallions, trimmed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe Avgolemono sauce, prepared with the leftover broth from cooking the chicken plus extra broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped dill or parsley
How to Make Greek Chicken With Egg and Lemon Sauce:
Add the chicken to a large pot with the chicken broth, carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, scallions, salt, and pepper.
Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer the chicken on low until cooked all the way through. This should take forty minutes.
Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid and strain into a pot. Prepare the avgolemono sauce according to the recipe using the liquid and adding more broth as needed.
Arrange the chicken on a serving dish and pour the sauce over.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com