Recipe for Greek Style Cumin Sticks
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Cumin Sticks
These savory sticks are perfumed with cumin and Greek cheese and are usually served with other meze. They taste especially good when dipped into tzatziki or even skordalia.
Greek Cumin Sticks (Koulourakia me Kimino) Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (use gluten free flour if following a gluten free diet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Kefalotiri cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons ouzo, brandy, or tsikoudia
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cumin, slightly crushed
How to Bake Greek Cumin Sticks (Koulourakia me Kimino) Recipe Ingredients:
Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the flour, salt, and cheese to a large bowl and whisk gently.
Stir in the egg yoke, ouzo, and water. Keep stirring until a smooth dough forms.
Form the dough into stick shapes similar to breadsticks and place on a baking sheet. Brush the egg white over the cookies and sprinkle with the cumin seeds.
Place the baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake until a light golden brown color forms. This should take about 15 minutes.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com