Recipe for Greek Style Rice With Fish
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Rice With Fish
Greek Style Rice With Fish (Psaropilafo Tis Kivelis) Ingredients
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fish, such as sea bass, cod, or haddock, cleaned, skinned, and cut into a few pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley (to garnish)
How to Make Greek Fish With Rice:
Add 1/3 cup olive oil to a skillet and set the heat to medium. Add the onions and saute until translucent. This should take 5-10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the fish the water and cover the mixture. Bring it to a boil over medium heat and then drop it to low once it boils.
Simmer for thirty minutes. Remove the fish and pass the water through a sieve. Reserve 4 cups of the water and stir in the tomato paste. Add the water to a medium saucepan. Add the rice and stir well. Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Set the heat to low and simmer until all the water is absorbed. This should take about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Place the rice in a serving bowl and toss in the cooked fish. Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve immediately.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com