Recipe for Fasolada – Greek Style White Bean Soup
Fasolada, (or sometimes Fasolia meaning beans) is sometimes called the “national food of the Greeks.”
White Bean Soup Ingredients::
- 1 lb. white beans
- 1 cup canned or fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tops, chopped celery
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 3 small, diced carrots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopper herbs, such as parsley or chives
How to Prepare Greek White Bean Soup:
Wash the beans well and let them soak in a medium bowl filled with water.
In the morning drain off the water and put in a saucepan with 8 cups of cold water.
Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
Add remaining ingredients and cook gently for about an hour or until the beans and vegetables are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com