Recipe for Greek Style Summer Bean Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Summer Bean Salad
Beans, such as navy beans, are commonly found in Greek cooking. Bean salads such as this can be found all over Greece in the summer when plenty of fresh vegetables are in season.
Greek Style Summer Bean Salad (Kalokerini Salata Fassolion) Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked or canned beans, such as navy beans, kidney beans, chick peas, etc
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, mixed greens – such as watercress, purslane, spinach, dandelion, chicory, etc
- 1 recipe ladolemono
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
How to Prepare Greek Style Summer Bean Salad:
Pour the beans into a large bowl.
Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes, and chopped, mixed greens.
Prepare the ladolemono according to the recipe instructions.
Toss the dressing into the salad. Use about half, but keep the rest in a small dish so they can add more if they want.
Toss in the fresh oregano and then sprinkle the parsley on the top.
** This recipe contains olive oil, which isn’t permitted during strict fasting. If you adhere to a strict fast, omit the olive oil in the dressing.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com