Recipe for Greek Style Warm Tomato Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Warm Tomato Salad
Tomatoes are commonly grown throughout Greece, which means that recipes like this are prepared all the time. This salad is even better when the tomatoes are perfectly rip and in season! The fun of this salad, however, is that it can be served slightly warm.
Greek Style Warm Tomato Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Greek honey
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
Instructions on How to Make Greek Style Warm Tomato Salad:
Drizzle the olive oil into a skillet and set the heat to medium. Let the oil warm for about a minute and then add the onion. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and honey. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the tomatoes are warm.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the Greek yogurt spooned over the top. Sprinkle with parsley.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com