Common Questions to Ask in Greek
Comments Off on Common Questions to Ask in Greek
Asking questions is an essential part of learning a language. Not only are questions a normal part of every day conversation, but they can actually enable you to learn Greek faster. For example, if you encounter a Greek speaker who also knows English, you can ask questions like, “How do you say (name of item)?” or “What is that?” in order to build your vocabulary. They can also help you get to know someone, enable you to get directions, and even be able to ask the time. Here’s a look at a list of common questions you might need to ask in the Greek language:
Greek Vocabulary – List of Common Questions to Ask
- What time is it? ��ι ώρα είναι; – ti ora eenai
- What is this (that)? τι είναι αυτό; ti eenai afto
- How do you say … in Greek? πώς λέτε … στα ελληνικά; – pos lete … sta ellinika
- Where is (he, she, it)? που είναι (αυτός, αυτή, αυτό); poo eenai aftos, afti, afto
- Can I come? μπορώ να έρθω? boro na ertho?
- Can I help you? μπορώ να σας βοηθήσω;boro na sas voithiso
- Can you help me? μπορείτε να με βοηθήσετε; borate na me voithisete
- Do you speak English? μιλάτε Αγγλικά; milate aglika
- How far is this? πόσο μακριά είναι αυτό;poso makria eenai afto
- How much is this? πόσο είναι αυτό; poso eenai afto
- What is your name? πώς ειναι το ονομα σου; pos eenai to onoma sou
- Where do you live? που μένεις; poo menees
- Where are you from? από που είσαι apo poo essai
- What is the weather like? πως είναι ο καιρός; pos eenai o keros
In a previous article, we discussed how to ask questions in the Greek language. If you need more information about the grammar related to forming questions. Read through these questions and do your best to memorize them for when you need them. For more information, you should also consult a qualified Greek language teacher.
The Learn Greek section on GreekBoston.com was written by Greeks to help people understand the conversational basics of the Greek language. This article is not a substitute for a professional Greek learning program, but a helpful resource for people wanting to learn simple communication in Greek.
Categorized in: Learn How to Speak Basic Greek
This post was written by Greek Boston
Share this Article: