Recipe for Kremithia sto Fourno – Greek Honey Glazed Onions
Comments Off on Recipe for Kremithia sto Fourno – Greek Honey Glazed Onions
These onions are sweet and aromatic and is just one of the ways they are prepared in Greece. Use authentic Greek honey if you an find it.
Kremithia sto Fourno Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 pounds small onions, about 1-inch in diameter, peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 1 cup sweet red wine, such as Mavodaphne
- 2 tablespoons Greek honey
- 4 whole cloves
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the onions at the bottom of a heavy baking dish in a single layer. Sprinkle the butter over the onions and then drizzle the olive oil.
Pour the wine over the onions and then drizzle with honey. Add the cloves, salt, and pepper. Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for about 60 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
When you remove the pan from the oven, drizzle with parsley and lemon peel.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com