Recipe for Greek Style Pasta Soup from Chios
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Pasta Soup from Chios
This recipe calls for pasta that comes from the island of Chios, which has tomato mixed into the dough. You can substitute any pasta you desire if you can’t find the traditional pasta and the recipe will still taste great!
Greek Style Pasta Soup from Chios (Trahanasoupa Chiotiki) Recipe Ingredients:
- 5 cups stock, such as chicken or vegetable
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup Chios pasta (or any pasta such as orzo, broken spaghetti, rotini, or even noodles)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Greek olive oil
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped, fresh parsley, to garnish
How to Prepare Noodle Soup From Chios Greek Island:
Add the chicken stock to a soup pot and set the heat to medium-high. Whisk in the tomato paste using a large whisk and then stir in the fresh tomato. Bring the stock mixture to a boil with the pan covered and then add the pasta and red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for an additional twenty minutes with the pan covered. After the twenty minutes is up, stir in the olive oil. Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool for about five minutes. Stir in the feta and immediately spoon the soup into bowls. Garnish each bowl with the chopped, fresh parsley.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com