Recipe for Greek Style Bread Soup
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Bread Soup
Greek Style Bread Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 loaf of stale, crusty bread (use gluten free bread if following a gluten free diet)
- 10 cups water
- 12 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, shredded
How to Make Greek Style Bread Soup:
Slice the bread if it isn’t already, and then cut each slice into four pieces. If bread is extremely stale, just do your best to cut it into small pieces. Add the slices to a large bowl and pour the water over it. Let the bread soak for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
Place the garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with the salt. Chop the two together using a sharp knife.
Remove the bread from the water and squeeze it a little bit. Pulse the bread in batches using a blender until it’s pureed and transfer to another large bowl. Stir in the garlic mixture, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Stir in the cucumber and parsley and sprinkle with the capers and parsley just before serving.
This post was written by Greek Boston