Simple Greek Style Cheesecake
Comments Off on Simple Greek Style Cheesecake
Although cheesecake isn’t a traditional dessert in Greek cooking, some of the traditional ingredients of the cuisine, such as Greek yogurt and honey, make for a delicious cheesecake. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require baking and is easy to prepare, especially if you use a store-bought graham cracker crust. All you need to do is whip up the ingredients, pour into the graham cracker crust
Simple Greek Style Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 prepared, store-bought, graham cracker pie crust (use a deep dish pie plate)
- 2 cups plain cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons Greek honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts, to garnish
How to Make Greek Style Cheesecake:
Add the cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, and honey to a food processor. Pulse until smooth and well combined. Add the whipping cream and pulse until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
Pour the mixture into the pie crust and chill for at least two hours before eating. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts just before serving.
This post was written by Greek Boston