Recipe for Greek Style Beef Casserole with Orzo
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Beef Casserole with Orzo
Greek Style Beef Casserole with Orzo (Kritharaki me Kreas) Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into six pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 4 cups water, divided
- 5 ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- Rosemary, to garnish (optional)
How to Prepare Greek Beef Casserole With Orzo:
Rinse the beef under cold water and pat it dry with absorbent paper towels.
Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large, oven proof stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Sear the beef over medium heat, turning it every two minutes until each side is browned. It should take up to fifteen minutes for the beef to be browned.
Add 1 cup of the water to the pot, cover it, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Set the heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stir in the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, orzo, and the rest of the olive oil. Cover the pot again and place it in the center of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until the orzo gets soft.
Categorized in: Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Style Meat Recipes
This post was written by Greek Boston
Share this Greek Recipe: