Recipe for Pasta with Greek Yogurt
Comments Off on Recipe for Pasta with Greek Yogurt
Since yogurt is readily available in Greece, it tends to make its way into all kinds of dishes. This pasta dish is tossed with Greek yogurt, garlic, and herbs, and is extremely popular for a quick supper.
Pasta with Greek Yogurt (Makaronia me Yiaourti) Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 pound cooked macaroni, such as spaghetti (choose gluten-free macaroni if following a gluten-free diet)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup mixed, chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc)
How to Prepare Greek Pasta With Yogurt:
Pour the olive oil into a deep skillet and set the hat to medium. Let the oil warm for about one minute. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the macaroni and toss gently. Sprinkle the macaroni with salt and pepper.
Set the heat to low and add the Greek yogurt. Toss the macaroni to coat it with the yogurt. Add the lemon zest and toss, and then lower the heat.
Leave the pan on the burner as you toss in the fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com