Recipe for Greek Style Potato and Onion Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Potato and Onion Salad
This dish is commonly cooked on the island of Chios and is about as traditional as it gets. This potato salad has been served for generations and is often used as a side dish for heavier meat dishes.
Greek Style Greek Potato and Onion Salad (Patates Ke Kremidia Sta Karvouna) Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 medium potatoes washed and wrapped in aluminum foil
- 4 medium red onions with peels, wrapped in aluminum foil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 6 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
Instructions on How to Prepare Greek Potato Salad With Onions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place each potato and onion on a baking sheet and bake for about one hour. You’ll know the potatoes and onions are cooked when they’re tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Add the olive oil, red wine, vinegar, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and capers to a bowl and whisk together. Cut the potatoes and onions into small pieces and add to a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to twenty four hours before serving. Garnish with parsley just before serving.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com