Recipe for Biftekia – Greek Style Burgers
Comments Off on Recipe for Biftekia – Greek Style Burgers
Although these are shaped like hamburgers, they don’t taste like them! They have distinctly Greek flavors. These taste best when grilled but can also be pan fried or baked. This recipe assumes that you want to grill them.
Biftekia Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef, lamb, or pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly scrambled with a fork
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (spearmint is best)
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Greek olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions to Make Greek Style Burgers:
Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and either stir with a wooden spoon or mix with your hands. Form each into hamburger-shapped patties and place them on a single layer on a flat surface, baking sheet, or on plates.
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or prepare the coals. Place the hamburgers on the grill and cook on both sides until the burgers are cooked all the way through. This should take 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how you like them cooked. Use a meat thermometer to test the meat to be safe.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com