Recipe for Greek Style Tomato Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Tomato Salad
This traditional salad is prepared throughout Greece throughout the year, but especially when tomatoes are at their ripest and freshest.
Greek Style Tomato Salad (Domata Salata) Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 scallions, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup Greek olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Greek oregano
Instructions on How to Make Greek Tomato Salad:
Place the tomatoes into the bowl you will serve the salad in. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tomatoes and lt them sit for ten minutes.
Add the onions and parsley and toss gently. Sprinkle the olives evenly into the serving bowl and then pour in the olive oil. Toss gently to coat the ingredients with the oil. Sprinkle the salad with the cheese and oregano and serve immediately.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com