Quick and Easy Greek Inspired Vegetable Soup Recipe
Comments Off on Quick and Easy Greek Inspired Vegetable Soup Recipe
Some nights, you just want to throw together a simple pot of soup that you can enjoy. This easy vegetable soup features Greek flavors and makes for a nice meal. The fun thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. Feel free to use ingredients you might already have on hand!
Quick and Easy Greek Inspired Vegetable Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chopped vegetables of choice, such as carrots, celery, zucchini, squash, Brussels sprouts, or other vegetables that are good in soup
- 1 carton of broth of choice (32 ounces) – use any broth you want, such as vegetable, beef, or chicken
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes (approximately 14.5 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped greens, such as spinach, kale, cabbage, or escarole
- 1 medium can beans of choice, such as chick peas, navy beans, or lentils (Place the beans in a strainer and rinse them under cool water before using.)
- 1/3 cup orzo or other small pasta, optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Note: Recipe serves 4-6 people, depending on portion sizes.
How to Prepare Greek Inspired Vegetable Soup:
Add the olive oil to a large soup pan. Set the heat to medium and let the oil heat for about 1 minute.
Add the onions and sautee for about 5 minutes so that the onions get soft.
Add the vegetables and sautee for another 5 minutes.
Stir in the broth, greens, beans, orzo, bay leaves, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Cover the pot and bring the soup to a boil on high. Once it boils, set the heat to low and simmer it for 15-20 minutes.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com