Recipe for Greek Style Mussels or Shrimp
Mussels or Shrimp in White Wine Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 coarsely chopped chives
- 2 lbs. steamed and peeled, or 1 lb. shucked mussels or shrimp
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of fish stock or water
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup, crumbled feta cheese – INCLUDE NO FETA IF YOU ARE MAKING THE LENTEN/FASTING VERSION OF THIS MEAL!
Directions to Prepare Mussels or Shrimp in White Wine:
In a deep, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the chives for 2 minutes.
Add the mussels or shrimps, and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
Pour in the wine, and when it starts to boil, add the mustard, chili pepper, half the parsley, and the water or stock.
Cook for about 3 minutes, and then add the lemon juice, feta cheese, and the rest of the parsley.
Do not stir, but shake the pan to distribute the ingredients evenly.
Remove from the heat, taste, and add salt if needed. Let cool to just warm, and serve.
It can also be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
** This recipe contains olive oil, so it won’t be suited for a strict fast. Omit the olive oil and use nonstick cooking spray instead.
Categorized in: Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Orthodox Fasting Lenten Recipes, Greek Style Seafood Recipes
This post was written by Greek Boston
Share this Greek Recipe: