How to Get to Know Someone on a Date
Comments Off on How to Get to Know Someone on a Date
You finally met a Greek you think has potential so, you arrange to meet for a date. Dating should be considered a tool for getting to know someone. Each date that you have with a person either brings you one step closer to finding someone to share your life with, or one step closer to realizing you aren’t supposed to be together.
The goal, then, is to look at dating as an opportunity. Your time together should be spent doing your best to assess if the other person is right for you or not. Here are some tips that will help you do just that.
Considerations of Dating Greek
With Greeks also, there is a unique set of challenges. Have you decided to date a non-Greek, or kseno? Are you a kseno dating someone who is Greek? Is he actually from Greece or of Greek descent? Once you find out what his background is, you’ll want to figure out if his background is in line with what you are looking for.
Know What You Want
Before you hit the dating scene, it helps to know what you really want in a partner. You will want to find someone who is a good match for you but it helps to know what you are looking for. Which traits are most important to you? Here are some things to think about:
- Faith. Is he an avid churchgoer? Are you looking for someone who is? Decide if this is something that is important to you.
- Family. What are your thoughts on raising a family? Are they in synch with his?
- Values. You definitely want someone whose core values match your own.
- Career. Do you value your career? Do you need someone who has a stable job, or is that something you can do without?
- Attraction. Spend some time thinking about the things you actually find attractive. Is it important to you to find someone with certain physical characteristics?
- Greek or not? Are you looking for someone who is also Greek? Whether or not you will date exclusively within the Greek culture is also something to think about.
These are just a few of things to consider when determining what you are looking for while dating.
Ask the Right Questions
While dating, the key is to ask the right questions. You want to strike the perfect balance between getting to know each other and giving away too much information. While you don’t want to have ultra revealing conversations at the beginning of your time together, you also need to learn just enough about each other to assess if it is even worth it to continue.
The key, then, is to ask the right questions. Your first date, for example, is the perfect time to ask about the basics such as what they do for a living, where they live, where they went to school, where they grew up, and so on. As time progresses you can get into more detail.
Dating is the perfect chance to get to know someone. By knowing what you want in a relationship, you will be able to not only determine which questions you should be asking, but you can also know if the person has potential or not as a future partner.
Categorized in: Greek Singles
This post was written by Greek Boston