Recipe for Greek Style Lettuce Salad
Comments Off on Recipe for Greek Style Lettuce Salad
This recipe is served throughout Greece with whatever types of lettuce may be in season or on hand. Feel free to use the recipe as written or substitute the greens for whichever type of lettuce that you want.
Greek Lettuce Salad (Marouli Salata) Recipe Ingredients:
- 10 cups cut Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped dill or parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Kefalotiri Cheese
- 1 recipe Oil and Vinegar Dressing
How to Prepare Greek Lettuce Salad:
Make sure the lettuce is washed and torn or cut into bite-sized pieces.
Place the lettuce into a serving bowl. Toss in the scallions and dill or parsley.
Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Prepare the oil and vinegar dressing as it is written in the recipe. Toss into the salad just before serving.
This post was written by GreekBoston.com